By Daniel C. Snell
- Covers the civilizations of the Sumerians, Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Israelites and Persians
- Places specific emphasis on social and cultural history
- Covers the legacy of the traditional close to East within the medieval and smooth worlds
- Provides an invaluable bibliographical advisor to this box of study
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
First released in 1980. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This is often the tale of a sad disagreement among nationwide events contesting a similar small piece of land, a conflict that has turn into the most intractable matters nowa days. From the institution of the 1st Zionist colonies within the Eighties, tensions have run excessive among the indigenous Arab inhabitants of Palestine and Jews who've sought to create an self sufficient kingdom on land they think about their historic domestic.
The Copts, or Egyptian Christians, are a comparatively small and tight-knit ethno-religious crew, numbering maybe 3 thousand humans and residing often within the Detroit metropolitan quarter. seeing that they started immigrating to Michigan within the mid-1960s, their group has grown exponentially. Granted unprecedented entry to the Coptic neighborhood, Eliot Dickinson offers the 1st in- intensity profile of this specified and remarkably profitable immigrant crew.
Turning out to be up is a common adventure, however the particularities of native land, tradition, ethnicity, faith, relatives, etc make each youth certain. to offer Western readers perception into what starting to be up within the center East used to be like within the 20th century, this booklet gathers thirty-six unique memoirs written by means of center jap women and men approximately their very own childhoods.
- The Influence of the European Union on Turkish Foreign Policy
- Recollections of Jerusalem
- Mapping Israel, Mapping Palestine: How Occupied Landscapes Shape Scientific Knowledge (Inside Technology)
- Nasser's Gamble: How Intervention in Yemen Caused the Six-Day War and the Decline of Egyptian Power
- Une ligne dans le sable (HORS COLLECTION) (French Edition)
- Religion and Rebellion in Iran: The Iranian Tobacco Protest of 1891-1982
Additional resources for A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Daniel C. Snell